Congratulations to Michael Allender, winner of the drawing! This contest has closed.
Who wants this dagger? You know you do. A symbol of knighthood, the rondel developed over the 14th century adapting to the unique nature of knife fights in full harness. With a stiff blade and thin point they were able to work into the gaps between plates, and the flat pommel made a perfect place to push with the whole body to penetrate any mail covering the gap. By the early 15th century it was a symbol of status and began to be adopted by the rising middle class.
In addition to the dagger itself, the sheath has an exterior pocket for a stylish pricker, also included in the giveaway as part of the package. The pricker makes for a handy way to munch on snacks without having to carry around a mess kit. Blade length measures 11 7/8 inches and total length measures 16 1/2 inches, width of blade near pommel is 1 1/8 inches. It is un-sharpened, and not intended to carry an edge, but comes to a true point and is not suitable for sparring as if you stab someone with this they will probably die. Please don’t stab anyone with this.
This sweepstakes will run from 08/17/2020 to 08/31/2020 with a winner being chosen the first of September. Whenever you can, use the hashtag #stabthecovid so your posts, and thus your entries, can be found!
How to Win?
This sweepstakes is a cross platform extravaganza of entry opportunities with multiple passive and active ways to be involved.
Every subscriber following the site receives one entry.
Liking the Facebook Page @theturnipofterror receives one entry
Sharing the contest post on Facebook receives an entry for each share. You have to make your post public, if I cannot see your post it cannot be counted.
Following the Instagram Account @theturnipofterror receives one entry.
Re-gramming the contest post (you have permission to share this post for this contest) on Instagram, tagging @theturnipofterror, and using the hashtag #stabthecovid receives one entry. If you don’t tag me and hashtag, I can’t find it. If I can’t find it, I cannot count your entry.
Following the Twitter Account @turnipterror receives one entry.
Retweeting the contest post on twitter receives one entry.
Subscribers to The Turnip Of Terror on YouTube receive one entry.
Each video made promoting the contest receives five entries to reflect the extra labor involved in making videos. If you do this, message or email me so I know it’s there.
- No purchase necessary.
- Prizes will be shipped anywhere in the Continental US.
- All prizes offered during a sweepstakes will be awarded.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- The winning entries will be announced on all platforms promoting the giveaway sweepstakes.
- This sweepstakes is not sponsored by any entity, company, or service.
- All entries must be public and accessible to be counted.
- Using the hashtag #stabthecovid or tagging The Turnip of Terror accounts on the platforms used is the best way to ensure your votes are counted.
- Because of the variable state laws throughout the US, you must be 18 years or older with proof of age to win.